Victoria’s goals are to guide students to become independent creative thinkers who easily manage their time, materials, and devices. She wants them to be the question askers, and students who get their needs met through effective communication.
How Victoria Became 'The Homework Doc'
Developed programs based on the neuroscience behind memory acquisition, recall, and how developers captured and retained users’ attention, empowered them to use their time more effectively.
They no longer needed parents to control their use, because they learned how to control the devices instead of the devices controlling them.
My passion is teaching children life skills that allow them to embrace their mistakes, see them as opportunities for positive change, while how to find creative solutions.
Helps students to overcome their fear of asking questions and how to effectively ask.
Now that AI has made it imperative to question everything, her work is more important than ever before.
Developed a program that employedquestions as a tool for gaining full engagement, focusing students, improving understanding, increase retention, while taking the guesswork out of teaching a classroom of students.
- Over 35 years of helping parents and students deal with digital distractions.
- Master teacher for over 50 years.
- Classroom teacher in Private, Public Schools and on-line for over 50 years
- UCI Extension Educator
- Orange County Gifted Association Course Presenter
- Educational Consultant to districts, parent organizations, and private clients
- Nationally recognized speaker and district trainer on student empowerment- developing resilient students
- Columnist for the Long Beach Grunion Gazette, The Gazette and local newsletters.
- Recognized most recently by the “Who’s Who of Teachers,” “Who’s Who of Women in Business,” “Who’s Who of Influential Educators.”, “Marquis Who’s Who -Lifetime Achievement”
- Lovingly known as the “Homework Doc” by her empowered students.
- Featured in Orange County Register, Fountain Valley Living Magazine, and Wave
- Author of 3 books and 8 ebooks
Dr. Laura K. Hathaway, Ed. D. Founder, The Pegasus School
Reach out to Victoria today to schedule a Seminar!